Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Master/Slave Mapping Walker continues

Today I finished another bicore module for the walking robot. I'm building everything in modules, so if need be I can quickly and easily rewire things to try and improve the robot's performance. Like the title? I have yet to think of a catchy name for this robot, I called it a mapping bot because it will be the simplistic master/slave bicore walker with a microprocessor steering the robot and measuring input from the various sensors in an attempt to map out its environment. This will allow it to survive, I hope. It will be able to figure out which areas are safe and return to them in times of peril. Hopefully it will work as I plan. As soon as I get my scanner working maybe I'll upload that drawing I made which better explains the structural layout of the electronics.

No comments: